In rural parts of Bihar people make chutney with Parval. It is very simple to make and brings strong zesty pickle like taste with raw Garlic and mustard oil combination.
- 15-20 Parval - slightly cut both ends.
- 5-6 fresh garlic cloves.
- 1 Tb.spoon Mustard oil.
- 1 Tspoon Aamchur.
- 4-5 whole Dry red chillies.
- Take thick bottom pan/griddle ... sprinkle little mustard oil and place 15-20 Parval in pan. Increase flames to high and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce the flames to low and put lid on the pan.Let parval roast for 10-15 minutes. Do check at intervals and turn individual parval in pan. They will get brown shade. Don't over burn them. Remove roasted parval from pan and keep aside to cool down.
- In the same pan take 4-5 dry red chillies and roast to crisp.
- Take blender Jar and add roasted parval, red chillies, garlic cloves, Aamchur and salt. Grind to fine paste. Add 1 Tb.spoon mustard oil at end and grind for few seconds. Bihari style zesty parval chutney is ready. Enjoy this chutney with rice & roti .Also use as sandwich spread.