- 1 large size ripe Tomato - cut in big chunks
- 1 large size raw Tomato - cut in big chunks
- 1 medium size onion cut in thin long length.
- 1 Tb.spoon cooking oil
- 1/2 T.spoon mustard seeds
- 2-3 whole dry red chillies.
- 1/4 T.spoon turmeric powder.
- 1 Tb.spoon corriander seeds.(make fine powder)
- 1 T.spoon Cumin.(make fine powder)
- 1 T.spoon red chilli powder.
- 2 cups grated fresh coconut(half medium size coconut) grind to fine paste.(Adjust water as per your need-Keep it thick...don't make too watery)
- 2 strands - Curry leaf.
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro.
Method Of Cooking:-
1) Heat 1 Tb.spoon cooking oil in pot.
2) Add 1/2 Tspoon mustard seeds. As they start to splutter wait for 15 seconds. Then add whole dry red chillies. Saute for 30 seconds.
3) Add cut onions.Saute for 2 minutes on medium flame.
4) Add cut tomatoes and one strand of curry leaf and salt. Mix well and cook for another 4-5 minutes on medium high flame. Keep stirring.
5)Add 1/4 Tspoon turmeric powder, powdered corriander and cumin, red chilli powder.
6) Add finely ground coconut paste.Stir all and let it cook for another 2-3 minutes. Add remaining strand of curry leaf. Garnish with cilantro and enjoy this Tomato curry with Rice or Roti.