Serves one as full salad meal with some left over, Or serves 4 as side salad.
- 1 small onion - finely chopped( 3/4 cup yield)
- 1 tender celery stalk - sliced half moon shape (1/2 cup yield)
- 1/2 Chayote - skin and seed removed , julienned. (3/4 cup)
- 1 carrot - julienned or sliced into small pieces (1/4 cup)
- 1 Persian cucumber - partly chopped enough to measure 1/4 cup. Slice remaining into rounds.
- Frozen corn - 1/2 Cup (use fresh if available.)
- 4 Tb.spoon - dried cranberries
- 1 green chili - finely sliced.
- Firm tofu block - around 80 gm, cut into 1/2 inch cubes (yield 1 cup) sprinkle tiny pinch of salt, toss to coat with salt.
- 1/2 cup - Mix of chopped cilantro leaves and tender stems
- 3/4 Cup - celery leaves (pluck leaves off the stalk.)
- 1 T.spoon - cooking oil to saute onion and veggies.
- 1 Tb.spoon - extra virgin olive oil to drizzle over salad.
- 2 Tb.spoon - your choice of creamy salad dressing. (optional)
How to prepare semi-sauteed veggie Salad topped with raw cucumber.
- In a small saute pan heat 1 tsp oil, add chopped onions stir fry over high heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add sliced 1/2 cup celery, 1/4 cup chopped cucumber, 1 chopped green chili, 4 tbsp dried cranberries, continue to saute over medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Next add julienned chayote, sliced carrots, 1/2 cup frozen corn, sprinkle one generous pinch of salt, continue to saute for 3-4 minutes over medium high heat, stirring often. Taste and adjust salt level.
- Now add salt sprinkled tofu cubes, gently mix all well. Let it stay on stove for 2 minutes over medium low heat. Shut off the heat.
- Transfer sauteed veggie mix in a medium size bowl, allow to cool. Add sliced Persian cucumber, chopped cilantro leaves and stems, celery leaves. Drizzle 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil. Toss to coat.. Another way to serve salad is arrange sliced cucumber, celery leave, cilantro leaves over the top or at one side like I have arranged in the image. Serve with creamy ranch salad dressing or your choice of cheese or just enjoy plain salad.