- 1 bunch of fresh spinach chopped or 10 oz frozen chopped spinach
- 1 7-8 inch long Daikon radish (Mooli) - cut into half inch pieces
- 1 medium size onion - finely chopped
- 8-10 - fresh cloves of garlic - make thin lengthwise slices
- 2-3 Green chilies - roughly chopped
- 1.5 Tb.spoon oil.
- Heat 1.5 Tb.spoon oil in a large pot. Add the onions and stir fry on high heat for about 3-4 minutes.Reduce heat to medium and continue to saute for another 2-3 minutes.
- Now add garlic and green chilies. Saute for about a minute. Add cut radish and saute for 2-3 minutes. Now turn the heat to high, add half cup of water and cook for 5-6 minutes or more until radish is cooked. Make sure there is enough water to steam radish pieces - if required add 1 tablespoon water at a time.
- Once radish is almost tender and water is evaporated add chopped spinach and salt. Mix well and saute on medium heat until it wilts with bright green glow. This will need about 4-5 minutes. In case there is little water left, stir fry on high heat for 1-2 minutes. Serve hot with rice and roti.
Ingredients and Cooking Process