Tapioca curry/stir fry is one of the popular food from Kerala.It is enjoyed with spicy fish curry.One must try this delicious Kappa curry or stir fry.Ingredients:-
- Three medium size Tapioca 8-10 inch long duly cut into pieces.
- 2 Tb.Spoon cooking oil.
- 1 chopped small size onion.
- 1 T.spoon mustard seeds.
- 5-6 Slit green chillies.
- 1 T.spoon turmeric powder.
- 1 Cup fresh grated coconut.
- 3 Stems of fresh curry leaves.
- Heat 2 Tb.spoon oil in big size heavy gauge Pot. As oil heats throw in 1 T.spoon mustard seeds...hear them splatter for 15-20 seconds then add chopped oinions.Stir it for five minutes on medium flame.
- Add turmeric powder/one stem of curry leaf/and slit green chillies.Stir and Mix.
- Add cut Tapioca and mix all well...stir it on high heat for 5 minutes. Now add two cups of water and salt. close lid and let it cook on medium flame for 10-12 minutes.
- Open the lid and add remaining two stems of curry leaves and half cup grated fresh coconut..Stir it well.At this stage if you wish to have more gravy then add one more cup of water and cook it for another 3-4 minutes on low flame.Lastly garnish with remaining fresh coconut.
Enjoy this with fish curry.
NOTE:- Tapioca is very hard to clean and cut.Use potato peeler and peel till you see clean white part..use heavy knife to make pieces.If you find non white stained portion then just chop it out.You will find one hard string in middle..remove it as you make pieces.