Scroll down to enjoy beautiful glimpses of fall foliage shots captured around home.
- 3/4 Cup Split moong Dal with skin - picked and rinsed.
- 1/4 Cup split green peas (soak for half an hour)
- 1 Cup diced Tomatillo
- 1.5 Cup tightly pressed frozen chopped Spinach ( If using fresh - take 3 Cups chopped)
- 6-7 cloves of garlic - finely crushed
- 1.5 inch piece of ginger - finely crushed
- 3-4 green chilies - finely crushed
- 8-12 curry leaves
- 1 medium size onion - finely chopped
- This curry is cooked in two seperate cooking steps and later combined together to retain green color of Spinach. Heat 1 tbsp oil in pressure pan or pressure cooker. Add curry leaves and sizzle for 6-7 seconds. Add chopped onions and saute on medium heat until they are soft and translucent.
- Now add rinsed split moong dal + green split peas with 2 Cups water. Add salt and let it simmer. Once it starts boiling cover the pressure pan lid. Allow one whistle then quickly reduce the heat to low, after 5-6 minutes shut off the heat. During this process it is ok if it blows second whistle. Keep pressure cook aside to cool.
- Combine and finely crush ginger, garlic, green chilies.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a skillet. Add crushed ginger, garlic, green chilies..sizzle for 10-15 seconds..quickly add diced tomatillo - saute for 5-6 minutes. Sprinkle little water if it gets completely dry.
- Mix chopped spinach, little salt -saute on medium low flame for 7-8 minutes.
- Now combine Spinach+Tomatillo mixture with cooked split moong dal in cooker. Place pressure pan again on heat and simmer for 7-8 minutes on medium temperature. Adjust consistency by adding little more water. Enjoy with rice/roti...also enjoy in a bowl as thick hearty soup by drizzling spoonful of hot melted ghee.
First four pictures are taken almost at the same spot with interval of few days..watch for the changes in colors.