- One Medium size onion - finely chopped.
- 8 Big size cloves of Garlic - finely crushed.
- 2 inch piece of ginger - finely crushed.
- 6-7 Green chillies - finely chopped.
- 2 cups frozen Green peas. (preferably use petite peas).
- 2 cups frozen Corn.
- 1 cup grated carrot.
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro.
- 1 Tb.spoon cooking oil and little salt for making filling.
- half cup all purpose flour - Add some water and make thick paste.
- Oil to fry Spring Rolls.
- Packet of Spring roll sheets ( 50 count packet of medium size).
Method Of Preparation :- ( Spring roll filling)
- Heat 1 Tb.spoon oil and add chopped onions. Stir it for 4 minutes on high heat.
- Add crushed Garlic,Ginger and green chillies. Stir for 2 minutes on medium heat.
- Add grated Carrot and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add Green peas and corn. Add some salt. Stir for 5 minutes and high heat. Shut off the Gas.
- Let it cool for some time. Now add fresh chopped cilantro.
Method of Making/Frying Spring Rolls :-
- Keep Spring roll sheets out from freezer for One hour.
- At a time take 4-6 spring roll sheets and spread on counter. Fill One Tb.spoon of prepared filling. Fold the spring rolls as per instructions on the packet.
- At last fold stage apply little paste of all purpose flour at top corner and close the spring roll.
- Heat the oil and set gas at medium temperature. Gently drop the spring rolls and fry them for 3-4 minutes. Do turn them in between. After frying keep them on Paper towel.
- Enjoy them with sweet and sour tamrind chutney or Ranch.
- If you find little water in filling then add 1 Tb.spoon potato spuds. Watery filling might break spring roll and crack while frying.
- As you fold spring roll be gentle and roll it tight.
- While frying take care that spring rolls are not broken. Broken spring roll will spoil oil and give stains on remaining spring rolls. Proper folding will avoid this mess.