This is one of the most quickest, simplest and healthy subzi. Instead of eating complete raw veggies as Salad, I prefer them to quick semi-stir-fry with curry leaves, green chillies, Jeera, fresh grated coconut & lots of cilantro. This combination of Carrot+Chayote+Radish works very well. Cutting them in julienne style makes subzi look very appealing.
- 1 1/2 Cup julienne style cut Carrots.
- 1 Cup julienne style cut Chayote.
- 1/2 Cup julienne style cut Radish.
- 2-3 cut Green Chillies.
- 1/2 Tb.spoon cooking oil.
- 1 T.spoon Cumin seeds.
- 2 springs of curry leaf.
- 1/2 Cup fresh grated coconut.
- 1/2 T.spoon Turmeric powder.
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro.
Method of Cooking:-
- Heat 1/2 Tb.spoon oil in open saute pan. You don't have to wait for oil to get too hot. After few seconds, add one cumin seed and if it sizzles then quickly add 1 T.spoon cumin seeds followed by 1 spring of curry leaf and chopped green chillies. Saute for less than a minute.
- Add julienned carrots, radish, chayote. Mix well. Add 1/2 T.spoon turmeric powder and salt. Stir with wooden spoon for a minute on high flames.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup water. Stir and cover with lid. Let it cook on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Check if all water is evaporated. If not then increase the heat and keep stirring till it evaporates. Add another spring of curry leaf and fresh grated coconut. Mix all well. Reduce the heat to low and let it stay for 2 minutes.
- Lastly garnish with fresh cilantro and enjoy with roti and rice.