- 2 whole tender Mooli / Dikon Radish with greens on top. (finely chop greens and slice white radish portion)
- 2 small methi bunches - chopped tender stems and leaves, yield 7 cups tightly packed.
- 1 Extra large potato - cut into 1/2 inch dices (2 cups yield)
- 1 large onion - finely sliced length wise
- 8-10 large Garlic cloves - sliced lengthwise
- 2-3 green chillies - finely chopped
- 1/2 T.spoon - turmeric powder
- 2 Tb.spoon oil
Method of cooking Mix Greens & Root vegetable saute :
- Separate Daikon Radish greens and white root. Wash under running water, separate stems and green leaves, chop finely. Do not mix chopped stems and leaves. keep it aside. Chop out both the ends of white radish root, make slices by using slicer / shaver. I used 22mm shaver grater. If you have regular slicer, cut radish lengthwise into 2 or 3 pieces to get smaller size slices/ shavings. It is ok to make round slices.
- Clean methi/fenugreek greens by plucking top tender stems with leaves, wash thoroughly under water, drain, chop finely. Keep aside
- Cut one extra large potato into half an inch dices. Place in a medium size bowl filled with water, salt, and 1/2 tsp turmeric powder. Microwave for 6-7 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain water, keep potatoes aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a large pot over medium heat, add onions, saute for 7-8 minutes, stirring frequently. Add chopped green chilies and sliced garlic, saute for 2 minutes.
- Now add chopped stem portion of radish green. Saute for 2-3 minutes over medium heat, stirring often. Next mix radish shavings/ slices. Mix well and continue sauteing for 2-3 minutes.
- Add chopped methi and dikon radish greens, salt. Mix well and cook for 4-5 minutes over medium heat, stirring often.
- Next add drained boiled potato cubes, gently mix all by using wooden spoon, check and adjust salt level. Continue to cook open for another 5-6 minutes over low-medium heat, stirring at some interval. Serve hot with roti and rice.
Published on 25th Feb-2013