Today I cooked this simple Tindora stir-fry. There were no proper veggies in refrigerator , just few Tindoras, two raw Tomatoes and few Spring Onions ,this prompted me to make a combination stir-fry. Result was vibrantly delicious stir-fry.
- 25-30 Tindora - Slightly chop both ends , make one vertical cut in center and make total four length wise pieces of each tindora. (Boil in microwave with salt water for 6 minutes)
- 2 Green Tomatoes -cut in small cubes.
- 4-5 Spring Onions (separate Green leaf and white onion portion)
- 3-4 Green Chillies
- 2 Curry Leaf Springs
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh Cilantro
- 1 Tb.spoon cooking oil
- 1/2 T.spoon turmeric powder
- Take thick bottom pot and heat 1 Tb.spoon oil. Add finely chopped white onion portion and saute for 2-3 minutes on high heat.
- Add cut green tomatoes - Saute for 3-4 minutes on high heat.
- Add 1 spring curry leaves , chopped green chillies and 1/2 T.spoon turmeric powder - Mix well and saute for a minute.
- Drain water from boiled tindora add to the pot - add salt and stir for 2-3 minutes on high heat.
- Add chopped greens of spring onion ,remaining curry leaves and stir subzi for 2-3 minutes.
- Shut off the gas and add 1/2 cup fresh grated coconut - Mix well.
- Lastly garnish with fresh chopped cilantro and eat with Roti /Rice or just enjoy in bowl.