- 40-50 Tindora - Slit each Tindora into two pieces by giving one center vertical cut .
- 2 Medium size Tomato - diced.
- 2 springs of curry leaves.
- One cup chopped fresh cilantro.
- 1 Tb.spoon brown sugar.
- 1 Tb.spoon oil (Additional for deep frying Tindora).
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts - (make coarse powder)
- 1 T.spoon red chilli powder.
- 1 T.spoon Aamchur powder (optional)
Special Spice Blend :-
- 2 Tb.spoon Sesame
- 1 Tb.spoon Poppy Seeds
- 1 Tb.spoon dry Corriander Seeds
- 1 T.spoon Fennel Seeds
- 1 T.spoon Jeera
- 2 tiny Bay Leaf (1 inch long)
- 3-4 small pieces of Dagad Fool.
- 2 Cloves
Method of Cooking :-
- Deep fry Tindora by turning them in Kadhai few times (2-3 minutes each batch). As they wrinkle up, remove from oil and set on paper towel. Sprinkle some salt and massage over tindora. Pat excess oil by paper towel. Keep it aside. (You may boil tindora in microwave for 7-8 minutes)
- Heat 1Tb.spoon oil in heavy bottom pan and add few curry leaves followed by diced tomatoes. Saute them on high heat for two minutes.
- Add powdered spices and red chili powder - stir-fry for a minute.
- Add deep fried Tindora and stir-fry for a minute. Let all spices get coated over Tindora. Let it stay two minutes on medium flames.
- Now add powdered sesame and poppy seed, brown sugar, Aamchur power. Mix all well by stirring for a minute.
- Add half cup water, add some more salt and close the lid. Let it cook on medium flames for 5-6 minutes. Keep checking at interval and stir.
- Open the lid- Add roasted peanut powder, 1/4 cup water, remaining curry leaves little chopped cilantro and let it cook for 7-8 minutes on low flames. Here you may adjust gravy by adding little more water.
- Add remaining chopped fresh cilantro and serve with roti or rice.