Asparagus is not popularly used in Indian cooking but I love to cook with Asparagus. Here is simple Stir-Fry recipe (Asparagus Thoran). It is quick to cook and very rich in taste.
- 2 Bunches of Asparagus. (Always pick bunch with thin stems.Chop out one inch base.Thoroughly rinse under water and cut into half inch long pieces. If asparagus heads are crisp and Green then use them. If you find them soft with dull color then you may chop-out top half inch heads.)
- One Medium sized snake gourd ( Cut in half inch long size).
- One medium size chopped onion.
- 4-5 small chopped green chillies.
- 2 stems of curry leaf.
- 1 T.spoon turmeric powder.
- 1 T.spoon whole cumin.
- 1 Tb.spoon cooking oil.
- Chopped fresh cilantro.
Method of Preparation :-
- Take thick gauge Pot. Add 1Tb.spoon oil. Add chopped onions. Fry on high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add 1 T.spoon cumin seeds, One stem of curry leaf and Green chillies. Fry for 2 minutes on High-Heat.
- Now add cut Asparagus and Snake gourd. Add 1 T.spoon Turmeric powder and salt. Reduce flame to medium low and let it cook for 8-10 minutes. Do not add any water. Keep stirring.
- Add another stem of curry leaf and chopped cilantro. Enjoy this with Roti or rice.