- 1 Cup Singada flour.
- 1 Cup Ghee.
- 1 Cup Sugar.
- 10 whole cashews roughly crushed.
- 20-25 Golden Raisins
- 8 Almonds roughly crushed.
- 10 Cardamom finely powdered.
- 2 Cup water.
- Take thick gauge pot.Anodized metal gives best results.Add half cup Ghee and One cup Singada flour.Mix well and keep stiring on medium flame for 12 minutes.Flour will turn little brownish and aromatic.
- Now add crushed Cashews,Almonds,Raisins and Cardamom powder. Mix well and stir for 2-3 minutes on low flame.
- Add one cup sugar and stir for 2-3 minutes on medium flame.Add remaining half cup Ghee.
- Add one cup water and mix well by stiring on medium flame. At this stage it will appear like thick gravy.As it start to get drier in consistancy add one more cup of water.Mix well and reduce flame to low and cover it with lid and let it cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Open the lid and check the consistency...increase flame to medium high and stir till Ghee shine appears all over..shut the gas off and let it stand covered for few minutes.. shape it with mould or just enjoy in bowl.
Always serve this Halwa warm.