- 8 fresh whole red radishes - cut into julienned style
- 1 medium size onion - finely chopped (yield 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup - frozen corn
- 1 Cup - finely cut Green onions (green leafy portion only)
- 1 Green chili - finely chopped
- 1 inch piece of ginger - finely grated.
- 1/4 T.spoon - turmeric powder
- 1 Tb.spoon - oil
- 1/2 cup - finely chopped cilantro
- Thoroughly wash red radishes, slightly chop off both the ends of radishes, cut radishes into match stick like shape by using julienne slicer. You can also slice into disc shape or just finely chop or dice.
- In a small size skillet heat 1 tbsp oil. Add finely chopped onions, saute over medium high heat, stirring often for 5-6 minutes. Add grated ginger, chopped green chilies, turmeric powder, saute for one minute.
- Now add julienned radishes, salt - mix and saute for 4-5 minutes, add 1-2 tbsp water to avoid burning.Regularly stir as you cook.
- Once radishes are almost tender, add sliced green onions and frozen corn. Lower heat to medium low, cook uncovered for 3-4 minutes.Shut off the heat and allow to rest for five minutes. Sprinkle 1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro. It is ready to pack in tiffin with rice or roti.This subzi quantity is good enough for one generous serving or two regular servings.
Check earlier blogged red Radish recipes :
1) Red radish and Tofu recipe