- 1 Cup coarse ground wheat flour. ( used Swad Bhakri flour)
- 1/4 cup Golden flax seed meal.
- 1 Unsalted Butter stick. ( 1/2 cup butter)
- 1 Cup Sugar.
- 1/4 Cup golden raisins.
- 20 Almonds - roughly crushed.
- 1 Tb.spoon melted Ghee.
- 7-8 Cardamom - finely powdered.
- 2 Cup Hot water ( Microwave for 3 minutes)
Method of Cooking :-
- Heat heavy bottom pot (Anodized works best) and melt butter stick. Add wheat flour - mix well with butter. Maintain medium heat and keep stirring with wooden spoon for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add golden flax seed meal and cardamom powder - Mix well. On medium low heat roast flour until it leaves nice aroma - at least for 10 minutes. Keep stirring at regular interval.
- Now add golden raisins and crushed almonds. Mix well and stir constantly for 2-3 minutes on medium low heat.
- Add one cup Sugar and Mix well. Set medium heat.Keep roasting by stirring with wooden spoon..after three four minutes sugar will create moisture in flour and slightly start sticking to the bottom..reduce heat to low.
- Slowly add hot water in the pot..Be extra careful because as you pour hot water in pot ..it will sizzle,bubble and splash . After adding two cup hot water, mix all well with wooden spoon. Now flour consistency will turn like thick batter. Reduce heat to low. Keep stirring for 3-4 minutes.
- Cover with lid and let it cook for 2-3 minutes on very low heat. Add 1 tb.spoon melted Ghee and mix well ..you will notice nice glaze on Sheera. Cover again with lid and allow it to cook for another 6-7 minutes...make sure heat is set to lowest temperature. Do stir at regular interval. Shut off the heat and keep it covered for another 7-8 minutes. Serve warm in bowl.
- Coarse wheat flour can be substituted by regular wheat flour.
- You may use regular flax seed meal instead of Golden flax seed meal.
- If you prefer more sweetness then increase little sugar quantity.