- 12-15 white button mushrooms - cut each lengthwise in four pieces.
- 1 Cup frozen green peas
- 1 medium size onion - finely chopped ( little more than one cup yield)
- 4 roma tomatoes - diced
- 1 inch piece of ginger - finely crushed
- 5 garlic cloves - finely crushed
- 1/2 cup - fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 Tb.spoon red chili powder
- 1 Tb.spoon heavy cream
- 2 Tb.spoon sour cream ( In absence of sour cream use 2tb.spoon strained yogurt)
- 1 Tb.spoon fennel seeds
- 1 Tb.spoon kasuri methi
- 1 Bay leaf - 2 inch long
- 6 cloves
- 2 cardamom
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
Cooking Method :-
- Heat 2 tb.spoon oil in heavy gauge pot. Add chopped onions and saute for 3-4 minutes on medium heat.
- Add finely crushed ginger and galic - Saute for 1 minute.
- Add powdered spice-blend along with red chili powder - saute for 1 minute on low flame.
- Add diced tomatoes - Mix with spices and onions. stir-fry for 2-3 minutes on medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and 1/4 cup water. Mix well and let it cook with covered lid for 3-4 minutes on medium heat.
- Add 1 cup frozen green peas and little chopped cilantro - cook it without lid for another 2-3 minutes.Increase heat to high and reduce excess liquid and create thick gravy.
- Beat sour cream and heavy cream - pour it in the pot..Combine everything and after one minute shut off the heat. Garnish with remaining cilantro and enjoy with warm nan/roti/rice.