- 1 cup Sesame seeds.
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped walnuts.
- 1 cup grated jaggery.
- 2 Tb.spoon honey.
- 1 Tb.spoon butter/ghee.
Method of making chikki :-
- Heat heavy bottom pot. Add 1/2 tb.spoon butter..as butter melts add Sesame seeds and walnut.. roast on medium heat for 4-5 minutes. Spread it on paper towel and let it cool.
- Add jaggery in the same pot and stir..as it melts and bubble, quickly add roasted sesame, walnut and 2 tb.spoon honey. Maintain low heat. Mix well with wooden spoon. You may have to apply good pressure to stir and mix sesame and jaggery well, about 2-3 minutes.
- Take any rectangle shape tray/baking sheet (I used griddle - see picture). Coat it with butter. Quickly pour and spread mixture on to tray. Take greased rolling pin, roll with good pressure and flatten mixture to one centimeter thickness. For final fineness I took greased stainless steel measuring cup, pressed it over mixture surface and leveled it evenly.
- Mark square cuts with knife and let it cool for some time... separate them before they completely cool down. Store them in Jar or zip lock bag.