This is very simple and absolutely zesty Indian style Tomato Salsa.You may call it Tomato stirfry or chutney too.
- 3 Tb.spoon cooking oil
- 1 T.spoon mustard seeds.
- 1 Big Onion chopped.
- 4-5 green chillies.
- 2 inch piece of ginger finely crushed.
- 7-8 cloves of garlic finely curshed.
- 3 strands of curry leaves.
- Three extra large size tomatoes chopped.
- One cup chopped fresh cilantro.
- Take big size heavy bottom pot.Heat 3Tb.spoon cooking oil.Add mustard and as it starts to splatter pause for 15 seconds and add all chopped onions and one strand of curry leaf.
- Adjust gas heat to High and fry onions for 7-8 minutes.keep stiring.
- Add crushed garlic and ginger and green chillies.Fry for one minute.
- Add chopped large three tomatoes. Add salt and one stem of curry leaf.On high heat keep stiring for 6-7 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and let it cook for another 5 minutes.At this stage if you see any excess watery gravy then increase heat.. stir and let all water evaporate.When it appears shiny and thick your zesty Tomato stirfry/chutney is ready.Add last stem of curry leaf.Add fresh chopped cilantro.
Enjoy this with rice or roti.