(Makes 5 parathas)
- 1 heaped cup - finely chopped green oinions
- 1/2 - portion of small size red Capsicum,(yield around 1/2 cup)you can use any type of capsicum.
- 3 - scallions (white onion portion)
- 2/3 cup - wheat flour (I used Aashirvaad multi grain flour)
- 1/4 cup - all purpose flour or rice flour for dusting or use the same wheat flour.
- 2 green chilies - roughly chopped.
- 1/4 cup - finely chopped onion
- 1 cup - packed chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 Tb.spoon - Oil + some more to spray over paratha while frying.
- Rinse green onions, discard bottom root portion, roughly chop green portion and finely chop white onion portion, Keep aside. Roughly chop red capsicum portion, around 1/2 cup. Chop handful cilantro, around 1 cup tightly packed. Chop small piece of onion to get around 1/4 cup chopped quantity. Combine everything along with 2 chopped green chilies in a small blender, pulse few times to get coarse mixture. Do not make fine puree. I got total 1/3 cup slightly heaped quantity.
- In a small size bowl place ground coarse mixture along with its juices. Add salt and around 2/3 cup flour or little more until mixture absorbs enough flour to bind the dough, knead the dough for 2-3 minutes, Once the dough is merged into soft ball apply oil all over and knead again to make smooth dough.
- If dough handling feels sticky, apply oil over palms to make 5 round balls. Roll between palm, slightly dust with flour. Keep them aside.
- Dust rolling surface with flour and roll around 5-6 inch diameter round paratha. This paratha dough has lot of roughage of veggies and herb particles so you may not get smooth edges. Hold spatula or knife vertically beside edges, pat to get smooth round edges. You can do this by using fingers and palm too. Dust off white patches of dusted flour by brush or pat with moist paper towel.
- Heat griddle over medium heat, keep heat level to medium low heat before placing paratha.Roast slowly by flipping one or two times, drizzle some oil around paratha edges. While roasting increase heat to to medium for few seconds, pat gently with soft ball of paper towel or chapati press. Give around 2 minutes of roasting time for each paratha. Transfer paratha over paper towel lined plate, cover with dome lid to maintain softness. Serve with mint infused yogurt, raw onions, fresh herbs, green chilies or whipped cream cheese or melt some butter over paratha and enjoy. These parathas are full of flavor, you can make a roll and eat without any seasoning.
pat uneven paratha edges with spatula to get smooth edges.
parathas prepared on 18th April, published on 13th May.