Fresh and good quality vegetables make delicious subjis. I got vine sweet mini multicolor peppers from Aldi store. Their vibrant color and sweet taste adds appeal to any dish. I made this subji by combining snow peas and green peas. This is very simple subzi recipe that calls for very few ingredients and does not use any masala powder, addition of coarse crushed peanuts adds texture and unique taste.
quantity good for three vegetable servings.
- 10-12 - Multi color sweet peppers. Slice into round shape. (I used these - Master's Touch Vine sweet Mini peppers)
- 2 Handful - whole snow peas, trim ends and slice into 1 inch pieces.
- 1 - Medium size onion - finely chopped
- 2 - green chilies finely chopped
- 1/2 cup - frozen green peas
- 1/2 T.spoon - Turmeric powder
- 1/2 Cup - Roasted skinless peanuts - crush half in tiny chunks and half grind to coarse powder.
- 1/2 Cup - finely chopped cilantro
- 1 Tb.spoon - oil
Directions to cook Sweet Peppers and Snow Peas Stir fry :
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a open saute pan. Add chopped onions, saute over medium heat, stirring often. Once onions turn soft and translucent reduce heat to low, add 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, continue to saute 3-4 minutes more or until onions start to turn slight brown.
- Add chopped green chilies, sliced snow peas, stir fry over high heat for 2 minutes, stirring often. Now add sliced rounds of sweet peppers. Sprinkle salt and continue to cook over medium heat. Add around 1/4 cup water at short intervals when pan dries out. Saute around 7-8 minutes.
- Next add roughly crushed peanuts, frozen green peas. Mix well, check salt level, add little chopped cilantro. Cook over medium low heat for 3-4 minutes. Shut off the heat, sprinkle remaining chopped cilantro. Serve over rice or eat with chapati. You can use this stir fry as wrap and sandwich filling.