quantity good for three vegetable servings.
- 10-12 - Multi color sweet peppers. Slice into round shape. (I used these - Master's Touch Vine sweet Mini peppers)
- 2 Handful - whole snow peas, trim ends and slice into 1 inch pieces.
- 1 - Medium size onion - finely chopped
- 2 - green chilies finely chopped
- 1/2 cup - frozen green peas
- 1/2 T.spoon - Turmeric powder
- 1/2 Cup - Roasted skinless peanuts - crush half in tiny chunks and half grind to coarse powder.
- 1/2 Cup - finely chopped cilantro
- 1 Tb.spoon - oil
Directions to cook Sweet Peppers and Snow Peas Stir fry :
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a open saute pan. Add chopped onions, saute over medium heat, stirring often. Once onions turn soft and translucent reduce heat to low, add 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, continue to saute 3-4 minutes more or until onions start to turn slight brown.
- Add chopped green chilies, sliced snow peas, stir fry over high heat for 2 minutes, stirring often. Now add sliced rounds of sweet peppers. Sprinkle salt and continue to cook over medium heat. Add around 1/4 cup water at short intervals when pan dries out. Saute around 7-8 minutes.
- Next add roughly crushed peanuts, frozen green peas. Mix well, check salt level, add little chopped cilantro. Cook over medium low heat for 3-4 minutes. Shut off the heat, sprinkle remaining chopped cilantro. Serve over rice or eat with chapati. You can use this stir fry as wrap and sandwich filling.