- 32 Ounce (2 pound) Yogurt.
- 1 Cup confectioners sugar (adjust as per taste).
- 3 pinches of Saffron strands (Soak in 1Tb.spoon hot milk for 2 hours).
- 8-10 cardamom - make fine powder.
- 1/4 Cup Pistachio - Pick only bright green colored pistachio and remove skin. Make 1Tb. spoon fine powder and finely slice remaining pistachios.
- 1 piece cheese cloth or muslin cloth ( For cheese cloth make three layers).
- Take one medium deep bowl and place cloth over bowl, spread edges of cloth equally over bowl. Slowly add 32 Oz. yogurt into the bowl. Hold all four edges of cloth and merge together and make tight knot. Tightly secure all yogurt. Don't leave any gaps while making knot. Hang this over sink or any other suitable place in kitchen. Use same bowl to collect dipping liquid from yogurt. Give at least 15-20 hours to drain out all liquid. You may reduce hanging time by gently pressing yogurt at regular intervals and speed up the process of extracting liquid from yogurt. After 15 hours open the knot and take out strained yogurt ball (Chakka). Scrap all yogurt from cloth.
- Take 2-3 quart glass or steel bowl and place strained yogurt ball (Chakka). Add 1 cup confectioners sugar, saffron milk and half soaked saffron strands, powdered cardamom, powdered pistachio and half the quantity of sliced pistachio. Mix all with spatula. You may use hand blender and give one quick swirl to mix all ingredients in the bowl. Do not over run hand blender. Adjust level of sugar as per taste.
- Add remaining soaked saffron strands and sliced pistachio. Mix all well with spatula and refrigerate for at least two hours before serving.
- Serve with puri, chapati or enjoy in bowl.
Note :- You may add some sour cream for more creamy and rich taste also this will help to increase the quantity. 32 Oz. Yogurt gives you one full cup of Chakka and 1 1/2 cup of strained liquid (Whey).