- One medium size onion- chopped fine.
- 2 large size tomatoes - Diced.
- 7-8 cloves of garlic - minced.
- 2 inch piece of ginger - minced.
- 3 stems of curry leaves.
- 1 Tb.spoon Garam Masala.
- 1 Tb.spoon Goda Masala.
- 1 T.spoon Turmeric.
- Little red chilli powder.
- 2Tb.spoon cooking oil.
- 1 Cup chopped fresh cilantro.
Lentil Fusion :-
- 1/4 cup Barley.
- 1/4 cup Sorghum.
- 1/4 cup split green peas (can be replaced with Chana Dal).
- 1/4 cup split moong dal with skin.
- One Cup whole masoor Dal (I have added little french green lentil).
Barley, Sorghum and split green peas rinse well in water and soak for 1 1/2 hours.
Split moong and whole masoor Dal rinse and keep aside few minutes before you start to cook.
Method Of Cooking :-
- Heat 2 Tb.spoon oil in pressure cooker ( 4 quart size or bigger). Add chopped onion. Stir for 4 minutes on high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add minced ginger and garlic - stir for 1 minute.
- Add one chopped Tomato, little turmeric and stir for 1 minute.
- Add 1Tb.Garam masala and 1Tb.spoon Goda Masala ( you may add just one masala of your choice. Recommended ready made masala is Rasoi Magic - Asli maharashtrian Usal Masala). Add one stem of Curry leaf and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add soaked Barley/Sorgum/Split green peas and stir. Add rinsed whole masoor Dal and split moong dal. Add 6 cup water. Add salt, little red chilli powder. Mix all well and wait till it start to boil.
- Add another chopped tomato and one stem of curry leaf.
- As curry starts to boil cover the pressure cooker lid. Wait till the pressure builds up and cooker is ready to blow its first whistle. As soon as first whistle is blown, shut off the Gas.
- After cooker cools down, open the lid and add 1-2 cups of water. Adjust as per your desire of consistency. Start Gas and set to medium low and let it cook for 5-8 minutes...Add fresh cilantro and last stem of curry leaf…Your delicious Lentil fusion curry is ready.
You can enjoy this with Rice/Roti or as Spicy lentil soup.