I cook bottle gourd (Dudhi/Lauki/Opu) in two ways Stir-Fry and Curry form . This Simple stir-fry is cooked with slight variation. I used lots of Fresh Tomatoes.It resulted in very tasty healthy bowlful of Dudhi Sabzi.
- One medium size Bottle Gourd (8-10 inch long) duly cut into half inch cubes and boiled in microwave for 10 minutes.
- Three Extra large Fresh Tomatoes ( If you are using roma tomatoes then take 8-10) Dice them.
- One medium size onion duly chopped.
- Two green chillies.
- 2 inch piece of ginger. ( Crush it fine)
- 4 strands of Fresh curry leaf.
- One tsp. mustard seeds
- Two tb.spoon cooking oil.
- Half tsp. Turmeric powder
- Fresh chopped cilantro leaves.
- Take a Big size thick gauge pot. Add 2 tb.spoon oil and let it heat. Throw in 1 tsp mustard seed..wait till they start to splatter.
- Add cut onions and stir it for 5 minutes on high heat.
- Add crushed ginger and cut green chilli.Stir for one minute.
- Add Tomatoes and let it cook on medium high heat for 8 -10 minutes.Let all tomatoes get rightly softened.
- Add boiled Dudhi pieces. Stir it on high heat for 3-4 minutes.Add curry leaves and salt and turmeric.
- Cook till all excess water evaporates and it turns into dry stir-fry.Lastly garnish with fresh chopped cilantro leaves.
You can't resist this simple delicious Dudhi subzi.