- 4 Chicken thighs - boneless cut into two pieces each.
- 1 Tb.spoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 inch piece of ginger - finely crushed
- 7-8 garlic cloves - finely crushed
- 4-5 green chilies - finely crushed
- 1 Tb.spoon red chilli powder
- 2 Tb.spoon cooking oil
- Take 4 chicken thighs and debone them. Make 2-3 pieces in each thigh.Wash it under running water and place them in a bowl or plate. Sprinkle little salt over thighs and rub with fingers. (Worcestershire sauce has mild salt content so use less salt)
- Pour 1 Tb.spoon Worcestershire sauce, Add crushed giner+garlic+green chilies,red chili powder. Rub it thoroughly over chicken. Set aside for half an hour.
- Heat griddle ( anodized metal works great for Indian Tava recipes) and pour 2 tbspoon cooking oil. Maintain medium temperature.Place chicken pieces on griddle. Make sure you coat them neat with marination masala. Save leftover marination masala for blasting chicken pieces during later stage of frying.
- At regular interval turn chicken pieces with tongs. After ten minutes reduce heat to medium low. You will notice that little marination mixture sticks to the griddle..sprinkle little water and avoid marination mixture from burning.
- After 15-20 minutes apply remaining marination liquid over chicken to retain moisture.Keep turning chicken at regular interval.
- It will take total 30 minutes to fully cook chicken thighs. Once they are done place them in a plate...gently scrape stuck marination from pan and apply over chicken pieces and serve with roti /rice or enjoy as appetizer.
Note :- This Tava recipe will work best for lean, boneless pieces of chicken which are not thicker than half an inch. If you wish to use big bone-in pieces like chicken drumsticks,leg quarter,whole breast then use oven or out door grill for frying by using the same marination mixture.