Salad Ingredients :
(Makes one serving of Salad.)
- Iceberg lettuce - Chopped - 2 cup lightly packed
- 8-10 Yard long beans - cut into 1-inch long pieces.(1 Cup yield, Pre boil in microwave for 5-6 minutes.)
- 1 Carrot - cut into small pieces. (match shape with cut beans.) Pre boil in microwave for 4 minutes.
- 1/4 Cup Fresh coconut - thinly sliced pieces
- 1 T.spoon - Diced bottled Jalapeno. (chopped green chillies can be used.)
- 1/4 Cup - fresh cilantro leaves for garnish.
- 1 Tb.spoon - Greek dressing with Feta, black olives and Olive Oil ( I used Kens Steak House.) In absence of Greek dressing use 1 tsp Vinegar, 1.5 tsp extra virgin olive oil, 1 tbsp crumbled feta cheese.
Preparation method for Chinese long bean Salad.
- Slice or tear 2 Iceberg lettuce leaves into small pieces, about 2 cup lightly packed quantity.
- Slightly snap off both end tips of each long bean, then slice into 1 inch pieces. Place sliced beans into a microwave safe bowl filled with water, add 1/4 tsp salt, stir and boil for 5-6 minutes. Drain out water, allow beans to cool.
- Cut carrot into similar shape and size like long beans, boil in microwave for 3-4 minutes without adding salt. Drain and allow to cool.
- Cut few pieces from fresh broken coconut, peel off brown skin with potato peeler, slice into thin one inch size pieces.
- In a medium size bowl combine chopped lettuce leaves, boiled and cooled carrot and long bean pieces, coconut slices. Add 1 tsp diced bottled jalapeno, 1 tbsp ready made Greek dressing with feta, black olives, olive oil. (make sure you thoroughly shake salad dressing bottle before pouring out.) 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves. Toss to mix well, if needed you can add a tiny pinch of salt. For more coconut flavor sprinkle little fresh grated coconut. Enjoy this salad as a meal or side dish.