- 1 Capsicum - medium size cut into 1 inch pieces. (1.5 cup yield)
- 1 Tender snake gourd - slice into 1/4 inch thick ring shape (1.5 cup yield) Discard hard over grown seeds.
- 15-20 snow peas - slightly chop out both ends, cut into 1/2 inch pieces (1.5 cup yield)
- 1/2 cup corn kernels ( I used frozen corn)
- 1 medium size onion - finely chopped
- 2 Green chillies - finely chopped
- 1 T.spoon oil
- 1/2 cup freshly grated coconut
- 3/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro.
Method of Cooking sabjee
- In a medium size heavy gauge pot heat 1 tsp oil, add chopped onions - saute until they turn soft and shiny, about 6-7 minutes.
- Add sliced snake gourd (Padwal) rings along with chopped green chilies. Mix with onions, stir fry over high heat, stirring often for 2-3 minutes. Pour in half cup water, continue cooking for 4-5 minutes over medium heat with lid covered.
- Once snake gourd is partially tender, add capsicum pieces. Continue to saute over medium heat for 3-4 minutes. Do add some water if all liquid in the pot dries out.
- Now add sliced snow peas, frozen corn kernels, salt. Mix well, continue to saute for another 6-7 minutes over medium heat, stirring often.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup fresh grated coconut, 1/4 cup chopped cilantro - Mix and saute for one minute. Shut off the heat, allow it to cool for 10-15 minutes. Finally garnish with remaining coconut and cilantro. Serve with daily meals or just enjoy bowl full of sabji.