(One single generous vegetable stir fry serving or this is good for two servings as side dish in meals.)
- 7-8 Broccoli florets - cut into an inch size pieces. (1.5 cup)
- 4-5 Mini colored peppers - chopped into small pieces. (3/4 cup) (substitute - colored capsicum)
- 1/2 Cup - frozen green peas
- 1 small onion - finely chopped (3/4 cup yield)
- 1 Green chili - finely sliced
- 1/2 Cup - fresh chopped cilantro.
- 1 Tb.spoon - oil
- Slice mini peppers into small chunks. (I picked only yellow to have contrast with green broccoli.) Break broccoli florets into one inch pieces. Finely chop stem part, transfer to microwave safe bowl, cover with water, add 2 tiny pinches of salt. Microwave on high heat for 4-5 minutes.
- In the mean time in a small saute pan heat 1 tbsp oil, add chopped onions, saute for 7-8 minutes stirring often with wooden spoon.
- Add sliced mini colored peppers and finely chopped green chili, continue to saute over medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Next drain pre-boiled broccoli, save water to use in other cooking dishes. Add broccoli in the pan, add frozen green peas. Mix well, add 1/4 tsp salt, fry over high heat for 2-3 minutes. Lower heat to medium low setting, add 1/2 cup chopped cilantro, stir. Put off the heat after 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with roti or eat by itself in a bowl by drizzling little salad dressing.