- 2 cups - cauliflower florets 1-inch size
- 1 large orange - cut each segment into 3-4 pieces
- 1 medium size onion - sliced length wise (1 cup heaped yield)
- 1-2 green chilies - finely chopped
- 2 Tb.spoon - heaped blackcurrants (I used Sun-Maid brand California Zante Currents)
- 1/4 T.spoon - Turmeric
- 1 T.spoon - honey or brown sugar
- 1 Tb.spoon - oil
- 1/2 Cup - chopped cilantro for garnish.
- Finely slice onion lengthwise. Peel orange, remove white pith as much as you can, separate each orange segment and cut each into 3-4 pieces. Finely chop chiles. Keep all aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a medium size saute pan. Add chopped onions, saute over medium heat for 6-7 minutes, stirring often. Once onions are tender and translucent add chopped chilies, turmeric and half quantity of blackcurrants i.e 1 tbsp. Increase heat to high, stir and saute for one minute, in the process let few onions and blackcurrants get caramelized.
- Now add 2 cups cauliflower florets, salt - mix all well, add half cup of water. Cook covered for 4-5 minutes over medium heat.
- Add sliced oranges, mix well. Add 1/4 cup water, continue cooking for another 4-5 minutes without lid.
- Finally add remaining 1 tbsp blackcurrants, 1 tsp honey or brown sugar. Mix well, adjust salt level. Cook until water evaporates, cauliflower florets get tender, oranges get softened and create dry gravy coating around cauliflower florets. Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro. (I was out of stock so no garnish is seen in the image.)
How I made rotis shown in the image :