Today made Tindora/Todli subzi for dinner with little variation to routine stir-fry method. I used ginger+garlic+green chilies for zest and coated tindora with thick coarse gravy of fresh coconut and cilantro.This method retained light green color of tindora and subzi tasted delicious.
- Tindora - 25-30, Cut each tindora lengthwise into 4 pieces.
- 1 medium size onion finely chopped.
- 1 inch piece ginger - finely crushed.
- 3-4 fresh garlic cloves - finely crushed.
- 4-5 green chilies - finely chopped.
- 8-10 curry leaves.
- 1 1/2 cup fresh cilantro - finely chopped.
- 1 Cup fresh grated coconut.
- 1 Tb.spoon cooking oil.
- Combine 1 Cup fresh chopped cilantro and grated coconut in blender jar, add half cup warm water and make coarse paste.Keep it aside.
- Heat 1tb.spoon oil in thick bottom pot.Add chopped onions and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes on medium heat.
- Add Crushed ginger,garlic, green chilies . - saute for 1 minute.
- Add Tindora ,curry leaves and stir-fry with wooden spoon for 2-3 minutes on high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium . Add 1 cup water and little salt. Cook tindora for 7-8 minutes with covered lid. Make sure all water gets evaporated and tindora is enough tender.
- Add coarsely ground paste of coconut and cilantro. Adjust salt and let it simmer for 2-3 minutes on medium heat. Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve with rice or roti.